The information for this blog post can be viewed here. This information pertains to North Carolina.
- Make sure all parties’ names are correct with the correct titles.
- Number all of the pages.
- Contracts should be in writing for:
- Transfer of land, easements, mortgages, deeds of trust, leases, etc.
- Promises to lend money.
- Debt in general
- Sale of goods
- Leases of personal property, such as a car
- Non-compete covenants.
- Always specify the relevant terms and conditions in a contract.
- Define important terms. Never assume that both parties agree on the meaning of a certain term or the overall contract.
Contact NC Leap!